Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Better Late than Never!

Since we have just received our medical clearance, I thought it was about time that I started to create a blog.  The Peace Corps Journals site has been so helpful as we go through the application process, I feel that I should also contribute to help other applicants learn more about the process-at least from our perspective.  I also would love to hear from other people in the PC "orbit" as we move through our passage-other applicants and especially other folks applying and serving as couples and/or those applying and serving who are over 50.  I know there are many of you and we would love to connect.

We are nominated for French speaking Africa leaving in October 2011.  My husband is nominated in business and I am nominated in the health area. That's all we know for now, but as many of you know, lots of things can change between nomination and invitation, so we are staying open to all possibilities.

After the long "hibernation" of waiting through the medical clearance phase of the journey, things are starting to speed up and feel very real all of a sudden!  We still have lots of unknown-the biggest two being whether we will really leave in October and whether our nomination will remain the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment